The SewinCraft Studio
Teen Sewing & Fashion Design Policies
- Advanced teen sewists may register and begin classes anytime throughout the year. Classes are ongoing. Class size is limited to 4 students. Classes meet every week for 1 hr 30 min. The SewinCraft Studio provides students with the use of our sewing machines and sergers. All sewing is done in class. In an emergency situation, such as inclement weather, and we must cancel class, the studio will notify you. Makeup classes will be made available for classes cancelled by the studio.
- There is a one-time $75 non-refundable registration fee for the Teen Fashion Sewing program which includes a Learn To Sew with You Can Make It binder with sewing information handouts, sewing skills booklets for each of the 7 skill levels, and use of the sewing skills DVD teaching aides for each level.
- Tuition is $70/month; due the first day of class each month. Families with two or more students will receive a discount. A late fee of $6 will be automatically added to unpaid balances on the 11th day of the month. Cash or check only. Returned check fee is $15. After a student attends the first class of the month in accordance with the SewinCraft Studio’s Monthly Class Schedule, no refunds will be issued if a student later decides to cancel classes. If a student does not attend classes for one month and has not contacted the studio during that month, the student’s “spot” will be forfeited. If a student will not be attending classes for more than one month, the student’s “spot” will be forfeited. If a student wishes to return to classes at a later date, class availability must be determined before reregistering with the studio.
- Students will attend 6 hrs of classes/month with some exceptions for holidays/vacations in accordance with The SewinCraft Studio’s monthly class schedule located on the website calendar. The monthly fee will be reduced for these months. There will be no credits, reductions, or refunds for any missed class. Makeup classes will be made available, but are limited to 1 makeup class/student every 3 months; Sept-Nov, Dec- Feb, Mar-May, June-Aug.
- All students will be required to attend scheduled Fabric Store Field Trips. The fee for these field trips will be added on to the regular monthly fee at the rate of one additional class. This will only occur during the month a field trip is scheduled.
- Students are responsible for purchasing the pattern, fabric, lining and interlining and notions required with each pattern. Additionally, there is a sewing supply list that each student must purchase.
- Students are expected to take part in and assist younger students in the yearly Fashion Show Production.