Kids Can Sew & Fashion Design
Beginning Sewing for Kids and Teens
- Students may register and begin classes anytime from September through May. Class size is limited to 4 students. Classes meet for 1 hour 15 min/week. The SewinCraft Studio provides students with the use of our sewing machines and sergers. All sewing is done in class. In an emergency situation, such as inclement weather, and the studio must cancel class, you will be notified. Makeup classes will be made available for classes cancelled by the studio.
- There is a $60 non-refundable registration fee for the workbook & patterns and sewing bag, and a $35 sewing supplies fee for each New student. There is a $60 non-refundable registration fee for students who are continuing classes in a new workbook. Students may continue classes in September without a registration fee, if they have unused patterns in their current workbook. Cash or check accepted. Returned check fee is $15.
- Tuition is $70/month; due the first day of class each month. Families with two or more students will receive a discount. A late fee of $6 will be automatically added to unpaid balances on the 11th day of the month. After a student attends the first class of the month, in accordance with The SewinCraft Studio’s Monthly Class Schedule, no refunds will be issued if a student later decides to cancel classes. If a student does not attend classes for one month and has not notified the studio during that month, the student’s “spot” in class will be forfeited. If a student will not be attending classes for more than one month, the student’s “spot” in class will be forfeited. If a student wishes to return to classes at a later date, class availability must be determined before reregistering with the studio.
- Students will attend 5 hours of classes/month with some exceptions for holidays/vacations in accordance with The SewinCraft Studio’s Monthly Class Schedule. The monthly fee will be reduced for these months. There will be no credits, reductions, or refunds given for any missed class. Makeup classes will be made available, but are limited to 1 makeup class/student for every 3 months of classes: Sept-Nov, Dec-Feb, Mar-May.
- New students, accompanied by a parent, will be required to attend one scheduled Fabric Store Field Trip. A fee equivalent to one additional class will be added to the regular monthly fee during the month in which the student attended the field trip.
- Students are responsible for purchasing their own fabrics and notions for each project. The SewinCraft Studio will provide thread and elastic for student projects.
- Revised 7/26/2016